Shorten the time it takes for your desktop to appear when you turn on your PC and make XP shut down faster as well
How to Improve Your Computers Shutdown And Reboot Speed?
For speeding up your shutdown and reboot time in Windows XP, you need to edit some registry settings. Follow the steps as given below:
1. Go to Start then select Run
2. Type 'Regedit' and click ok
3. Find 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\'
4. Select 'WaitToKillAppTimeout'
5. Right click and select 'Modify'
6. Change the value to '1000'
7. Click 'OK'
8. Now select 'HungAppTimeout'
9. Right click and select 'Modify'
10. Change the value to '1000'
11. Click 'OK'
When you complete the above steps, you will find your Windows startup and shutdown faster than before.
Warning: Modifying the Windows registry can cause serious damage to your Windows Operating System. It is better to backup your Windows registry data before making any changes. I am not responsible for any changes you may make to your system.